Fitting for the first time
Mute is a respiratory technology designed to gently open your nasal airway during sleep, and increase airflow through your nose, to reduce mouth breathing.
By breathing more freely through the nose, Mute can reduce the effects of night time nasal congestion or structural nasal obstruction, and therefore reduce snoring.
Mute is made from ultra-soft, medical grade polymer and is safe for use in the nose during sleep.
Use Mute only as directed.
Wash your hands, hold the device by the bridge with the curved arms facing towards you and the ribbed paddles facing up and away from you.
Bring the device up to your nose and place the curved arms in first to make contact with the inside floor of your nose.
Gently guide the device backwards into your nose to a point that it is comfortable. You may need to adjust your nostrils over and around the ridged paddles to ensure it’s fully inserted.
To ensure that the curved arms are resting in the correct position on the floor of the nose, the bridge should span across the top of your nostrils. If not, push the bridge of the device upwards to the tip of your nose.
You have the wrong size if:
- You are experiencing discomfort or pain inserting the device. You are probably using a size of Mute that is too big, try a smaller size.
- The ratchet is on the floor of the nose and the paddles are at the bottom of the nostril. You have Mute upside down.
- There is a big gap between the bridge of Mute and the bridge of your nose. If you can’t push Mute in any further without discomfort, you are probably using a size of Mute that is too big, try a smaller size.
- You cannot insert the curved arms and paddles of Mute into your nostrils. You are probably using a size of Mute that is too big, try a smaller size.
- When Mute is inserted, you can feel that the top of the paddles are finishing well below the top crease of the nostril (where your nose joins your cheek). You are probably using a size of Mute that is too big, try a smaller size.
- You pull the bridge of Mute and it comes out easily. The size of Mute you are using is too small, try a larger size. Mute has been engineered to follow the internal anatomy of your nose, when you tug on the bridge of Mute you should feel a little resistance.